All applicants must be:
- Canadian citizens or landed immigrants enrolled in full-time study in an accredited Ontario University.
- While preference will be given to electrical engineering students, women who have completed a minimum of one year of engineering studies in other areas of specialization (mechanical and civil) are also encouraged to apply.
- Of good academic standing with a strong GPA (B-).
- Have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Students must be returning to school on a full-time basis.
- Applicants must include a copy of their unofficial transcripts and updated resume along with their application.
- Engaged in outreach, volunteer or educational activities with younger girls.
In addition to the financial award, the winners are given an opportunity to obtain a paid developmental work term with Hydro One. Hydro One will contact the award winners to arrange this work term, depending on the work term conditions for the winner's place of study. If you share our passion for safety, our customer service focus, and are ready to play a lead role in building a bright future, we would love to hear from you!
This award is available only for Canadian citizens or landed immigrants (permanent resident) enrolled in full-time study in an accredited Ontario University.